Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Learning Experience

Hello bloggers,
Today I will inform you about what has been my experiences in this course.

The first day I came to the class, I was a little nervous because I did not knew any of my classmates and the teacher was outside the room holding the door waiting for us to come in. The first thing I thought was that he was a strict person and that the course was going to be tedious but once we came in, he explained that the door had a little problem and that this was why he was outside. This made me feel more comfortable because I saw that he was patient and relaxed. After a few minutes, he explained that the class was going to be a little different because of the "Start the Change" event that Tec organized. The activity we did consisted of answering different questions by teams. I really liked this class because it helped me to make new friends and to practice my speaking skills.

The second class we brought different devices and we answered a survey where most of the questions were about our expectations for this course. I liked this activity because it made me know that our teacher is concerned and he wants us to learn and have a good time at the same time. In the second part of the class, we started writing 300 words about any subject we wanted. At the start, I did not know what to write about and I tried with several subjects but finally I decided to write about a summer camp where I volunteered. At the end, I had enough words and I loved what I had written. I appreciate that while we were writing, the teacher was walking through the class to help us if we needed it.

As you have seen, the class has been very interesting and I have liked it a lot. Today the teacher told us that next week we are going to start with oral presentations and this makes me feel really nervous. Since I was a girl, I have had problems when speaking in front of big groups of people because usually I forget what I was going to say. I will overcome this fear by practicing before the class and researching about the subject I need to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment