Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Third Week

Today we talked about what is a thesis statement and how it is supposed to be arranged. I already knew that it is very important to have a thesis stamen when writing an essay because there is where you define the secondary ideas of your essay. I learned that a thesis statement can be composed of two or three ideas. After the teacher explained this, we started to practice what we had learned by writing thesis statements for different topics.

We started to see the different formal words we can use to nourish our vocabulary. Using this words, we wrote a fake letter to a university asking them for something. I decided to tell them that I was considering their school to continue my studies because I considered they offered a good quality. The problem I had while writing this letter was that I did not knew what I wanted to ask to the school. Finally I decided to ask them for information about the scholarships they had.

The next class, we joined by teams and the teacher said that the next task was to make a job interview. During this session, we sat in teams and we wrote a script to see what questions Angel, who was going to be the interviewed, was going to ask. We all helped in the creation of the script and we decided that we were going to record the next day. We met at the library and we chose a place that was silent and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment