Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week 5

In our first session of the week, we saw a movie called Wall Street. It was about a man called Fox that worked in wall street and he met Gekko, a corrupt man. They suddenly started working together until the crook tried to swindle Fox's father. At the beginning I didn't liked this film because I thought that it was not that interesting but at the end I liked it because of the way it ends. I liked how Fox realized that what he was doing was nos right.

Our homework for this second session was to read two articles that were about honestly and how being honest could be an advantage or a disadvantage. When I got into class, the teacher told that there was woing to be a short quiz. I felt that I was not ready for it but I tried really hard to remember about the movie we had seen and the articles. On the test we had to state four ways in which the articles could be related to the film. Once I started it, I saw that it was not as difficult as I had thought.

The third session, the teacher gave us the results of our test and my grade was of 100! This grade made my day and I realized that I should have more confidence in myself. One we checked our quizzes, we sat with our video teams and we made a presentation  where we had to compare the culture of two countries that spoke English as their official language. We decided to compare Jamaica and Singapore because we thought that they would have contrasting cultures; nevertheless, we discovered that they also have a lot of similarities. Once we finished gathering information, we presented our work to the rest of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment