Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week 9

For this first session, we had to bring an English-English dictionary and we had an activity that was more like a quiz. First, the teacher gave papers with a short story and we had to paraphrase it. For this activity we could not use any gadgets. I think that this quiz was cool because it helped us to develop our skills to re-write texts by using our own words.

During the second session, we had to work in pairs. Today’s task was to write a 250-words summary about the Battle of Hastings. I worked with Miranda Guillen and I think that we made a great job. Today I felt very motivated because the subject we were writing about was interesting. I think that now I have expanded my knowledge and this is something I really like.

This last session, we gathered with our partners of the video team. We had to read again the presentation that we had previously made about the book English as a Global Language. Then, one person of each team had to go with the other teams and to explain them what their part of the book was about. This helped us to get a general idea of the books’ content and to prepare ourselves for the Mega Quiz that we will present later.





No comments:

Post a Comment