Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week 7

For the first session this week, we brought a magazine. The article I chose was pretty interesting, it was about swimming classes, the perfect age to start practicing this sport and the different advantages that it can bring.  Once we had chosen an article, we had to copy it by hand but without using any punctuation mark. Then, we had to give what we had written to our partner and he had to write the punctuation marks that were missing. I think that this activity was funny because at first it was difficult to understand the article but once we had started adding the punctuation marks, it recovered its sense. This activity made me realize the importance of punctuation marks.

Wednesday’s class was a different one. Today we had a guest speaker from Scotland. Before this class I looked up for information from this country so I could participate more and ask some questions. Our guest speaker is from Scotland and she told us a lot about this country. I enjoyed this session because it helped me to understand another country’s culture. I think that this experience has made us see things from a different point of view because know we can see things differently.


The last session of this week, we started writing a short story for the Creative Writing Contest. The teacher gave a list of subjects we could choose from. At the beginning, I had a lot of difficulties because I did not know what to write about. I ended writing about a little kid that had a fiend with magic powers. I did not like that much my work because I think that I was not inspired but I enjoyed to try.




Article
Scotland

                                                                        Me in theWriting Contest

No comments:

Post a Comment